This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Customize password dialog

1 reply to this topic

dGabay

dGabay
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 22:08

I would like to customize the password dialog in a basic msi project, but can't find it in the dialog view. All I want to do is to add a pushbutton with a link to our URL for password help and change the size to match the other dialogs. I want to keep the existing authentication and other behavior. Can this be done?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 12:08

I'm not sure which dialog you are talking about. Maybe the CustomerInformation dialog?
If you created a self extracting password protected media, then the password dialog is shown before your setup is extracted and launched, i.e. it is built into InstallShield's launcher. The only way to modify it in this case would be to edit the dialog resource in a resource editor. However I don't think you can add functinality (i.e. call your URL) in that way. As a workaround you should build an uncompressed buil, and then create a self extracting packe from it using some other tool that allows this customization. You may want to look at PackageForTheWeb (free from InstallShield) which can display a RTF file (maybe with link to your URL).