This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstall MSDE & Application

6 replies to this topic

cherukus

cherukus
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 22:25

I am using InstallShield 10.5 BASIC MSI for my .NET application.
The application requires MSDE, which I install by invoking MSDE Setup.exe. Everything works fine...like creating the databases etc...

My question is, How do I uninstall the MSDE instance and delete the Databases created for that INSTANCE when the user selects to UNINSTALL the Application.

Thanks !!!
SC

cherukus

cherukus
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 19:56

Stephan,
Can you help me on this. It should happen thru uninstall shortcut created in
Start -> Program Files -> Company Name -> Application Name -> Uninstall.

Thanks !!!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 13:19

If you want to remove a database I guess you would have to execute sql script to drop it.
I don't know if uninstalling MSDE is practical, but I think you would have to use a custom action, invoked at the end of your install for instance.

cherukus

cherukus
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 19:59

Do I need to have it as part of UI or Execute sequence and when this needs to be invoked in the sequences.

Also, what are the sequence of events called during UNINSTALL. As I need to create and invoke the Custom Actions accordingly for deleting the databases, deleting any other files not created by the install during UNINSTALL. All this needs to happen when the users click's on the uninstall shortcut for uninstalling the Application.

Thanks !!!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 17:45

In the UI sequence (you can't run another MSI setup in the Execute sequence).

The sequence tables apply to install and uninstall (and also all maintenance operations). You need to use a proper condition, such as
REMOVE~="ALL"

cherukus

cherukus
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 20:33

What happen's in case of Major Upgrade ?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 10:38

The execute sequence of the old version is called (RemoveExistingProducts action).