This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Single EXE setup needs long to exit

1 reply to this topic

jyrki

jyrki
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 11:37

Using "InstallShield2008 Professional" I created the most simple InstallScript project (default settings, added just 2 dummy files to be installed).

When creating and running the standard Cabinet file output, everything goes fine.

But, when creating a "single-exe image" and running that, the setup still works, but after the setup finished the process ("MySingleExe.exe") is still visible in Windows Task Manager for about 30-40s.

This is not so much of a problem if the setup is run separately, but this setup is called by another setup (a "master setup") and this master setup waits (-->LaunchAppAndWait) until the sub-setup finishes and I can't let the user wait 30-40s until the master setup continues.

Any ideas ? What can delay a single-exe Setup from shutting down its process ?
Thanks for your help !
Jürgen

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 11:06

The self extracting exe cleans up the temp files when it's done. I guess the only thing you could try to avoid this is to keep the temp files permanently.