This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

installshield .exe not silent

2 replies to this topic

mbf

mbf
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 21:27

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.
I have a vendor .exe file which has been packaged using installshield. I need to silently deploy the exe out to a number of machines but I cant seem to silence the install. I've run the setup -r (to create the iss file) and setup -s and this does work to a degree but there are a number of cmd boxes opening and closing during the install and a dialog box which pops up with "setting registry". Does anyone know of a "reallysilent" switch or similar that can prevent these windows from appearing. I've thought about re-packaging but dont really want to go down this route if there is an easier way. Thanks for your help. biggrin.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:47

o this is probably not a MSI based setup but a InstallScript setup. The problem is: if the author added dialogs and didn't include the required code for silent installs, or calls batch files that open command prompt windows, there's not much you can do.
The same would happen in an MSI based setup if it had a custom actions that runs a batch file in a cmd window.

smc0862

smc0862
  • Full Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 10:49

If the reason you what to run silent is that you don't want the end user to have to click through the wizard panels, another option would be to use a program like AutoIT. AutoIT would allow you to control all progress through the setup panels without needing user intervention. The setup panels would still appear on the screen, but they flash right by.

-Shawn