This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Files wont install

3 replies to this topic

mdoggett

mdoggett
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 November 2001 - 13:25

In my ISD7 project I have 2 features defined each contining 1 component. The components have there target directories set as some user defined properties (SZBINDIR, and SZDATADIR) these both have a parent of INSTALLDIR.

In my installscript I have the following code

FeatureSelectItem(MEDIA, "DesktopBins", TRUE);
FeatureSelectItem(MEDIA, "EuropeanData", TRUE);
FeatureSetTarget(MEDIA, "SZBINDIR", szBinDir);
FeatureSetTarget(MEDIA, "SZDATADIR", szDataDir);

Where szBinDir and szDataDir are variables containing the locations where I wish the files contained in the components to be installed.

However when I run the script and it gets to the file copying bit none of the components are installed. The copying dialog comes up but goes straight to the removing backup files bit and then exits.

I haven't set any flags to say do not install these components. Can anyone offer any advice ?

Marie Tupps

Marie Tupps
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 November 2001 - 14:33

This may be a silly question, but have you associated your components with your features?

mdoggett

mdoggett
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 November 2001 - 15:14

Yep.

Christof

Christof
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 November 2001 - 09:11

Try ComponentSetTarget(MEDIA, "SZBINDIR", szBinDir);
I also had this problem, Feature Set Target had no function for your components.
Does this help ?