This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Dialog During Uninstall

3 replies to this topic

ken123

ken123
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 21:48

How can I create my dialog which only runs during uninstall? For example, I want to remove data during uninstall.
Before removing the setup, I want a dialog to say "Do you want to remove data?" No, it will mean get out of uninstall. Yes, I will call my script. After Yes action, the uninstall process will continue.

How can I do that using the Basic MSI project? I am using Installshield 2008.

Thanks.
HYIP Daily Blog - A must read for HYIP investors
Investing and Finance Forums - Discussion on Prosper and Investing
Forever Selena - Your Best Source for Selena Gomez

vijayakumar

vijayakumar
  • Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 13:00

Hi Ken,

If you are familiar with VB Scripts, then you can use a vbscript Custom action for this purpose.

Can use VBScript OkCancel dialog. Catch the return value and based on the return value (yes or no), you can continue or terminate the installation.

Hope this helps.

ken123

ken123
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 15:09

QUOTE (vijayakumar @ 2008-09-24 13:00)
Hi Ken,

If you are familiar with VB Scripts, then you can use a vbscript Custom action for this purpose.

Can use VBScript OkCancel dialog. Catch the return value and based on the return value (yes or no), you can continue or terminate the installation.

Hope this helps.

Where in the sequence do I put this script in? Thanks.
HYIP Daily Blog - A must read for HYIP investors
Investing and Finance Forums - Discussion on Prosper and Investing
Forever Selena - Your Best Source for Selena Gomez

vijayakumar

vijayakumar
  • Full Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 05:31

You can place the script in the UI sequence (in the beginning of the UI sequence will do, probably after launchconditions). Since you are going to exit the uninstall, if 'no' is selected, you can place it in the beginning as said.

Hope this helps.