This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error 1602 and XP

1 reply to this topic

droesch

droesch
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 01:49

I recently developed a MSI for a client using InstallShield Developer 7, with all the service packs. The client could not install the MSI, and the MSI log file was returning a "1620 - Corrupt Database" as the error. However we knew this was not the case. All his other machines had used it, and it worked fine so it was machine specific.

After a lot of trouble shooting, I removed all custom actions and scripts and just shipped him with a msi that held the raw files, and had to do everything manually on that machine after it laid down all the files.

The customer has XP-Professional from March 2003, and the MSIExec is brand spankin new as well.

The Exact error from Microsoft is:
1620 - ERROR_INSTALL_PACKAGE_ INVALID
This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.

So does this mean that we are screwed with any MSI that uses scripts on machines where the MSI engine is brand new..? Has anyone else had this problem...?

Edited by droesch, 20 May 2003 - 02:09.

colutti

colutti
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 17:51

I had some problems with Windows Xp. When I update the Windows with service pack 1, all the problems are finished. Try it.