This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MSDE

2 replies to this topic

Treach

Treach
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 13:30

Hi again,
I want to install MSDE server from merge module and upload default database from .sql file on it during the installation.Is this possible with InstallShield X?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 16:39

Using the merge modules is no longer recommended. Use a Prerequisite to install MSDE. Then you can use the SQL Server view to add a database.

hilltopmg

hilltopmg
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 00:08

Could you explain how you would specify as a prerequisite? I am having issues with what I think are related to MSDE merge module. What I am experiencing is a "wizard was interrupted" message. I use the merge module from IS for MSDE and attach the db with a custom action. The project has two features, one that installs MSDE and connects the database and the other that installs the desktop application. Everything works fine when I install both features on the same computer even if they are installed at different times. The error message occurs at the finish screen when I install only the client feature on a computer that will later connect to the database.

I am hoping to start distribution of the application soon and would like any suggestions you have on this subject.

Thank you,

Michele rolleyes.gif