This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Launch SETUP.EXE

1 reply to this topic

Paperino61

Paperino61
  • Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 July 2002 - 15:43

Help please,
I have to create a MSI (win2k) that have to launch a SETUP.EXE; my MSI, SETUP and other file are on the server that is a DC (in a path like \\dcfiliale.filiale\img\xxxxxxxxx\. I want to assign the MSI to users using GPO, but I'm not able to launch an executable that is not installed with the product.
Is the solution the use of binary table? I don't understand how can use it. Help please I'm very beginner in ISWI.

Thanks in advance
Giambattista

irajoo

irajoo
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 July 2002 - 09:50

Hi I am a WFWI user. I belive you have to use a custom action type 34 "File on destination machine" (Wise). For Directory property does not really matter, you can use "SystemFolder" without quotes. For the command line enter "[SourceDir]Setup.exe" without quotes if the setup.exe is stored in the same folder as your msi on the server. You can set the Script options as "System Context" if you want to run the Setup.exe with elevated priviliges. For the custom action to work you need to insert the ResolveSource standard action after Cost Initialize in the Install Execute sequence. The script should now be able to run the Setup.exe from the server. Note [SourceDir] will resolve to the path of the msi on the server. Good Luck!  :D