This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Question about LaunchAppEx

4 replies to this topic

isgeek

isgeek
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 June 2001 - 14:29

I recently donwloaded the extended version of LaunchAppAndWait from the Samples section and have a question regarding the WaitForSingleObject function call.  I use LaunchAppEx to load a program which brings up a DOS window, when I move the window around, I realize that the background doesn't get repainted until the program terminates.  Does anybody have an idea to solve this problem?  Thanks.

Blake Miller Wonder

Blake Miller Wonder
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 June 2001 - 17:19

You need to write code that has a while loop and a message processing call and use the MsgWaitForMultipleObjects call instead of the WaitForSingleObject call, which is blocking your primary thread from procesing windows paint messages.

isgeek

isgeek
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 June 2001 - 17:52

Thanks for the info Black Miller Wonder, I did try to use MsgWaitForMultipleObjects but couldn't get it work.  Do you know if there is any references I can find from the net?

Blake Miller Wonder

Blake Miller Wonder
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 04 June 2001 - 17:33

There is an example here that uses the GetExitCodeProcess with a while loop instead of the WaitForSingleObject function.  I think this would allow the background to get repainted.  Just be sure to put in a small Delay() in your loop or your CPU processing percentage will hit the roof.  I believe (but have not confirmed) that InstallShield does message loop processing while the InstallScript Delay() function is timing out.