This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

RegdbGetKeyValueEx

1 reply to this topic

TreviBoy

TreviBoy
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 June 2002 - 19:36

hi ,
Im new to this, but I am trying to understand!!  Here's my problem/question.  I want to check to see if Jet 4.0 and Mdac 2.6 is installed on a users machine before running a custom action. So, I am using RegdbGetKeyValueEx to check for them.
Here's what I have for Jet 4.0:
if (RegDBGetKeyValueEx (szKey, "OLEDB_SERVICES", nvType, svStringValue,nvSize) < 0) then
  bJetFound=FALSE;
endif;
szKey = "SOFTWARE\\CLSID\\{dee35070-506b-11cf-b1aa-00aa00b8de95}"

But, my return value( svStringValue )  = blanks.  

The Regdbgetkeyvalueex is set up to look for 2.60 ( even though I have 2.61 on my machine). Here my question is: what exactly do I look for in order to install 2.6 ? It seems that I would not want to overwrite a higher number(ie, 2.61).
Thoroughly confused here. Appreciate any tips you might have.  I am just so glad I found your site.

thanks very much.

artemovsk

artemovsk
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2002 - 20:30

To look for a MS Jet 4.0 use

"\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Jet\\4.0\\Engines\\Jet 4.0"

and

if( RegDBKeyExist ( svRegPath ) <0 )then szReport = "Can't find "+svRegPath^svKey;
endif;

I tried to use RegDBGetKeyValueEx before and if the default says "value not set", then you get an empty key!

For MDAC 2.6 I use

svRegPath = "\\SOFTWARE\\Classes\\MDACVer.Version\\CurVer";

Both keys on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Good luck!