This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Using [ProgramFiles]?

4 replies to this topic

quakey

quakey
  • Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 21:18

Hi,

I use Wise for Windows Installer and I have built all our company's app with it. However recently I ran into problems with users who do not have a C: drive. If they don't have a C: drive, the installer would not run at all. My guess is that I set the variable INSTALLDIR to C:\Program Files\xxxxxx. So I tried to change it to [ProgramFiles]\xxxxxxx but then the installer has the error message "Error 1606. Could not access network location [ProgramFiles]\xxxxxx". How to fix it? Thanks!

mandy

mandy
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 19:11

Didn't you mean [ProgramFilesFolder]?

quakey

quakey
  • Full Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 00:38

QUOTE (mandy @ 2005-02-16 19:11)
Didn't you mean [ProgramFilesFolder]?

I just tried [ProgramFilesFolder] and I got the same error.

Help!

mandy

mandy
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 11:50

You most likely have a directory called "ProgramFiles" in your directory table (probably created by you), which is resolving to drive "C:".

You should remove this entry and search the database for other occurances. If you find other occurances, replace them with "ProgramFilesFolder".

Edited by mandy, 17 February 2005 - 11:54.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 11:58

[ProgramFilesFolder] already includes a trailing backslash so you should specify
[ProgramFiles]xxxxxxx

Display the value of [ProgramFilesFolder] on a dialog, or generate a log file, to see where it actually points to. Same for INSTALLDIR. Remember to set INSTALLDIR to a vlaid location before the standard action CostFinalize is executed.