This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Multi-line ShowMsg() ??

5 replies to this topic

vishwa

vishwa
  • Full Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 15:45

Is there any way I can use ShowMsg() to display more than one line? If I use a \n in a string to ShowMsg(), it gets truncated when displayed. If such a thing is not possible, can anyone suggest some way where I can display more than one line of text for the user? I want to change the text constantly without user intervention, so using a dialog box might not be a solution.
Please help.

Thanks,
Vishwa

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 07:36

I think it's possible but requires changes to the dialog box script.

vishwa

vishwa
  • Full Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 20:41

Is it possible for us to modify the dialog box scripts?
If yes, then can you please explain how that could be done?

Thanks
Vishwa

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 09:18

If you are using DevStudio 9 I think you don't even need to change the script. Go to the dialog editor, select the SdShowMsg dialog, select Edit Dialog Layout. Select the text control and change its "No text Wrap" property to False. You should also increade the height of the control.
(I haven't tested this but I think it should work)

vishwa

vishwa
  • Full Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 18:55

I tried doing as you suggested. But the string is not displayed after the \n character. Only the part of the string before the \n is displayed, while the others are truncated. As a result, I am not able to get a multi-line SdShowMsg().

Is there anything that I am doing wrong?
I did increase the height of the text area to a considerable amount, and I set "No text wrap" = FALSE.

If I do not use a \n in my string, the full string is still printed on one line. It does not wrap to the next line. The width of the dialog itself is increased when displaying a longer string.

Please help.

Thanks,
Vishwa

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 20:41

Well, then you need to modify the dialog script code. Unfortunately it's not included with Dev9. It used to be in previous version, so maybe if you contact InstallShield they can send it to you.