This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Add/remove name not name of project.

3 replies to this topic

gcb

gcb
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 15:00

Hello,

I actually very newbie and the last project is make with Installshield 6.

My install (Project Name : K2S) , ask a value in the dialog and with this value, create a new folder and copy the executable into this.

But in "Add/Remove program" , i have "K2S" and I want "K2S Value".

After i want second install with other value, and this "K2S SecondValue" into "Add/Remove program".

If uninstalling the first, the second install don't move.

It's possible and how make ?
Thank you

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 18:52

Windows Installer (MSI) doesn't support that method of multi-instance instalaltions. It does support multi instance to some degree, with some limitations and some extra manual work, but I think it does this only with Basic MSI not with InstallScript MSI.
If you really need to install multiple instances of your setup (and don't want to change the product code for each), then I would recommend using pure InstallScript instead of MSI, because it does this very nicely. Actually multi-instance support is one of the few cases where strongly prefer InstallScript over MSI. (Note that IS 11 does support pure InstallScript projects)

gcb

gcb
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 08:10

Thank you , but I don't have already a diff between MSI and Installscript.

It's not possible to :
- change Product GUID in Run-Time ?
- change the label of program in "Add/Remove Program" ?

Actually, when "Build" packages , i have only files with Setup.exe but not .msi and i don't know change this.

Thank you.

gcb

gcb
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 10:25

I found another solution :

I create a dialogbox with all values already exist in registry with button "Add" and "Remove"

Thank you