This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problem installing .net

3 replies to this topic

jspriggs

jspriggs
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 December 2003 - 03:44

Hi

I am having a problem that I can't seem to solve. It would be great if someone could help me with this.

I am using DevStudio 9 integrated into Visual Studio .net.

The installation requires .net 1.1 and IE 6. I am using the functionality in the "Project Assistant" to check that IE 6 is installed and including .net through the "Release Wizard".

When testing the installation on a clean Win 98 SE, i get error "error 1603: error installing the .net framework" The log file in windows/temp explains .net 1.1 requires IE 5.01 and only IE 5.0 is present.

AppSearch is the first action in the sequence and the tables (AppSearch, DrLocator and Signature) are correct.

How do I get InstallShield to test for IE 6 before installing .net?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jason huh.gif

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 December 2003 - 11:58

The .NET Framework is installed outside your .msi, by the setup.exe launcher. So it happens before your msi setup startes and checks for IE.
The setup.exe launcher would have to check for IE.

jspriggs

jspriggs
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 05:35

Thanks for your reply Stefan.

I have no idea how to build the IE check into the Setup.exe as you suggested. I don't see anywhere in the Release section that lets one do this.

Creating another .exe that checks for IE and then runs the Setup.exe is not ideal.

How do I modify the Setup.exe?

blink.gif

Edited by jspriggs, 07 January 2004 - 05:35.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 09:51

If you are using the setup.exe from InstallShield you can't modify it. But I think it should check for the .NEt requirements automatically (although I haven't tested this). Please check with InstallShield support as they may have the required information: http://mysupport.installshield.com