This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

MDAC Object

5 replies to this topic

elliottrb

elliottrb
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 18:52

Does anyone know if there is an Installshield object available for MDAC 2.7 RTM? Or will I just have to place the MDAC_TYP.exe into SUPPORTFILES and execute the following syntax?

LaunchApp (SUPPORTDIR\\MDAC_TYP.EXE, "mdac_typ.exe /q:a /c:\"dasetup.exe /q /n\"");

What are the pros and cons of doing it this way?

Thanks,
Robbie
Robert B. Elliott[br]Systems Engineer[br]Xact Radio Network, LLC.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 19:35

No, currently the only way to get an MDAC 2.7 object is to upgrade to IS Pro. 7.

I don't use objects though, so I can't really weigh the pros and cons. They've both been packaged, so the main trick is just to get the right command-line arguments for the redistributable and being able to recognize, in your scripting, whether it completed successfully. You also probably lose something with the Maintenance functionality (e.g. Repair), but this another feature I don't use, so ...
user posted image

elliottrb

elliottrb
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 20:31

Thanks...

What do you think about this?

http://intear.com.ua...ge=/MDAC_en.htm

It looks like someone tried to build one.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 23:12

Okay, let me put it another way. The only way to get an OFFICIAL one is to move to the next version of IS. People can certainly try to make their own Objects, but for something as critical as MDAC, I'll personally stick with the official MS redistributable. wink.gif
user posted image

elliottrb

elliottrb
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 16:30

Thanks for your input. I agree.

I can just manually install it using the LaunchApp function. I am not really worried about uninstalling MDAC if I have to uninstall the application.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 21:29

One doesn't uninstall MDAC. That's why I only mentioned the Repair portion of Maitenance mode.
user posted image