This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to determine release?

1 reply to this topic

tduncan

tduncan
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 16:44

I have one project that builds several releases (CD_ROM, Single EXE, Full, Differential, etc.). I have some script that needs to do something in the full releases, but not the differential releases.

How can I tell which release is running during the install? Will "MediaGetDataEx" with the "MEDIA_FIELD_MEDIA_FLAGS" parameter help me?

Is there any way to retrieve the release name? That would be better.

tduncan

tduncan
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 16:27

I found the answer to my own question. It is so very simple. Perhaps that's why no one bothered to respond ;-)

For other I.S. beginners out there who would like to know the answer...

I.S. provides three separate event handlers that fire depending on whether it's running the first install, in maintenance mode, or an update. They are: OnFirstUIBefore, OnMaintUIBefore, and OnUpdateUIBefore. These three also have their counterparts: OnFirstUIAfter, OnMaintUIAfter, and OnUpdateUIAfter.

To do what I need to do in a full release, I put my script in the OnFirstUIBefore or OnFirstUIAfter. Thus, my script is executed only on the initial install (or updates from a FULL release build - which is OK) and is not executed Whenever I.S. runs in maintenance or update modes (from a DIFFERENTIAL build).

Edited by tduncan, 16 February 2005 - 16:28.