This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Chaning installation directory

1 reply to this topic

fpweb

fpweb
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 17:09

Hi!

Thanks in advance for any help. I've been through newsgroups, posted questions, read the SDK and googled the heck out of this thing and can't seem to find the answser!

Using VS.NET to create an installer.

I've created a web template for the Microsoft FrontPage application and now need to install it in the appropriate FrontPage directory which may be different depending on the version the user has installed. I've tried searching for installed versions of files and checking the registry. All that is fine but the installation directory of FrontPage is different than the directory for web templates and this is where I run in to a problem. How do I change the installation directory based on the version installed?

I tried using the following VBScript as well. I added it under Custom Actions > Install and then set the DefaultLocation on the application folder to [TARGETDIR]. This does not work, it just gives me the root drive. Here is the script:

Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
If objFSO.FileExists("c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\frontpg.exe") Then
Session.Property("TARGETDIR") = "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates33\Webs"
Else If objFSO.FileExists("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\frontpg.exe") Then
Session.Property("TARGETDIR") = "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates33\Webs11"
Else
Session.Property("TARGETDIR") = "c:\frontpagehowto"
End If
End If

This script does not appear to ever run during installation.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

fpweb

fpweb
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 September 2003 - 16:14

I found a clue about how this might be done in another forum where someone suggested using a type 35 custom action. I found the help docs on that but not quite sure how to implement. Any ideas? Does anyone know of any good tutorials on this type of thing? Being a beginner at this, I really need to see one or two good examples to understand how this is supposed to work.

Thanks!