This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to register third party dll via scripts in win

2 replies to this topic

sp1786

sp1786
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:25

How to register third party dll via scripts in windows installer.
I have a third party dll when i include it in a setup created using windows installer it gives me error message(Hresult -2147024770).
ques) why i am creating this setup?
And)just to create a folder in D:\ drive named abc where this dll will be placed.

ques) what i do?
ans)create a setup and add the third party dll in applicaion folder

ques) The result?
ans) i get Hresult -2147024770 message but if i click on continue on this msg the dll is successfully placed in the folder.

ques) what i want?
ans) the dll should be successfully placed in the folder abc(D:\) and the hresult -2147024770 message should not appear

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 17:27

Try to register the DLL manually using regsvr, does that work? Maybe it's missing a dependency (dependency walker should tell you)

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 13:15

Stephan, my reading was that the OP was looking for instructions on how to install the DLL rather than registering it.

@OP, I don't think anybody here really has time to talk you through the steps you need to go through, particularly as you don't even state which MSI-authoring tool you are using.

As a first step, find and download Phil Wilson's e-book The Definitive Guide To Windows Installer.
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.