This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Shortcuts

2 replies to this topic

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 05 March 2002 - 16:03

I have shortcuts that the user modifies after an install.  During an upgrade the shortcuts are alwasy overwritten and the user needs to make alterations again.

I have the shortcuts tied to a component which is marked as Permanent and Never Overwrite.  I would think that if the component is not placed during an upgrade, due to the Never Overwrite flag, the shortcuts would not be recreated.

As I was typing this, something occurred to me.  ReinstallMode contains the 's' option to overwrite all shortcuts.  Is this the root of my problem?  Would simply removing this option keep the user altered shortcuts from being overwritten (broken)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

As always, THNX!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 March 2002 - 12:28

Yes that should avoid the problem.

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 04 April 2002 - 14:46

Removing the 's' flag from the ReinstallMode property did not seem to prevent my shortcut from being overwritten.  The problem involves a shortcut tied to an upgradable component (an .exe for which the version changes) NOT one which is marked as Perm. & Never Overwrite as explained above.

Is this the problem?  Is it that removing the 's' flag has no effect on shortcuts tied to upgradable components in that it will not prevent them from being overwritten?

Please help!

As always, THANKS!!