This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

CA 19, error message.

3 replies to this topic

i.samarelli

i.samarelli
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 09:35

Hello, I'm new entry in the forum and I hope to get in the correct section.

I'm implementing a CA 19 to terminate my setup:
- During the remove of the setup I ask the user if he/she wants really remove the setup

In case the user wants to stop the setup the "CA 19" is called.

The installation is stopped, but after that the "Fatal error during installation" message appears. It is not a soft message due it has been decided by the user.

I'm using wise, but I'm not implementing special functionalities, but only MSI table+vbscript customaction to keep track of the user choice and then get in the CA 19 with a condition

Does anyone can help me how to replace the "Fatal error during installation" with a message like "Setup cancelled by the user..."?

Thank you
Ignazio

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:26

That's how type 19 messages work: they return "failure", not "user exit". If your setup runs in full UI mode you can adjust the text on the final dialog.

i.samarelli

i.samarelli
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:16

I'm not using any gui to ask the user if stop the setup, but the vbscript dialog.

Is it possible to call some MSI function to do this job?

Ignazio

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 19:20

I think a custom action can return "user exit". See Wcustom action return values" in the MSI docs.