This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

nested msi uninstall is not working!?

2 replies to this topic

tl0

tl0
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 23:00

I have a nested msi uninstall that doesn't appear to get launched.

I have tried just about everything. The nested msi install works fine, but the nested msi uninstall custom action doesn't.

Here's the details:

Inside Install UI Sequence:
workingdir = SystemFolder
msiexec.exe /x {insert-product-code here} /qb

condition: REMOVE="ALL"

anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

t

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 17:51

The REMOVE property may not equal ALL until after the InstallValidate action. This means that any custom action that depends upon REMOVE=ALL must be sequenced after the InstallValidate. For more information see also "Conditioning Actions to Run During Removal" in MSI help.

tl0

tl0
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 17:55

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2004-02-05 16:51)
The REMOVE property may not equal ALL until after the InstallValidate action. This means that any custom action that depends upon REMOVE=ALL must be sequenced after the InstallValidate. For more information see also "Conditioning Actions to Run During Removal" in MSI help.

i know what the problem is. when i launch the uninstaller it is not launching in UI mode.

"A custom action that launches Msiexec.exe must be placed in the User Interface sequence, which means the custom action will not run if the user runs the installation silently."

So I need to find another way of uninstalling this. I'd prefer not to have to stream the sub msi into the current msi if necessary.