This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Install the files depends on the feature selection

4 replies to this topic

aditya1685

aditya1685
  • Full Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:02

Hi,

I want selective installation feature. I have two feature for user if user select the first feature the installer will install the files which are under feature 1. If user select the second feature the installer will install the files which are under feature 2.

Can anyone help me to achieve this functionality. Its urgent.

Thanks in advance
Aditya

MSIYER

MSIYER
  • Full Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:21

Use AskOptions function to achieve your objective. Look into the Installshield Help for details.

aditya1685

aditya1685
  • Full Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:35

Hi MSIYER,

I don't want to open a new dialog. My scenario is like, I have one dialog in which I have one checkbox, if user select that check box, 2 radio button will enable. If user select either of the radio button, some selective feature will install. for eg: For Radio Button 1 ( A,B and C) feature will install and if he select radiobutton 2, (D,E and F) feature will install. I have also attached the screenshot of my dialog for your reference. Also, I am working on InstallShield 2011, Basic MSI project.

Thanks
Aditya

Attached Images

• Dialog.JPG

MSIYER

MSIYER
  • Full Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 13:11

You are probably using the RadioButton Group control.
In the event of user clicking on any of the radio buttons, a Property must be set. This property can be fetched later using MsiGetProperty. According to the value of the property, you can use MsiSetFeatureState function to toggle the feature selection.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 14:16

First of all, make sure the compoents with the files are conencted to the appropriate features (in Setup Design view).

Then, in dialog editor, go to the "Behaviour" node of the dialog, select the "Next" button. Add a new control event called AddLocal, eneter the feature name as Argument and use a condition based on the radio button property. This will select the feature. Add another control event called Remove for the same feature with the opposite condition to un-select it. Repeat for the other feature.