This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

IS isn't recognized VS .NET install package

3 replies to this topic

DmitriyK

DmitriyK
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 16:56

Hello, All!

I has next problem:
There are three version of the my program. Install packages for the two last versions were created in InstallShield Developer 8.0., but install package for the first version been created in Visual Studio .NET 2003. If I setup the THIRD version after the SECOND, install package works correctly - it asks about update and the "Add and Remove Programs" contains only one application's icon. If I setup the THIRD or the SECOND version after the FIRST, install package doesn't work correctly - it doesn't ask about update and the "Add and Remove Programs" contains two application's icons.
Help me please: What I should make for the InstallShield install package can recognized MS Visual Studio .NET 2003 install package?

Thank You, very much!

P.S. I am sorry for my pure English, but my native language is Russian.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 19:41

You need to add a Major Upgrade entry to your InstallShield project, with the Upgrade Code GUID of the VS.NET setup.

DmitriyK

DmitriyK
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 12:21

Thank You for the answer, but it isn't resolved the problem. May be I should make some additional actions? Where GUID of the VS installation should be situated?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:54

Does your version of InstallShield have an Upgrdaes view? Otherwise you will have to add a row to the Upgrade table manually in the DirectEditor. You need to put the UpgradeCode of the VS setup there.