This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Conflict with other application while uninstall

3 replies to this topic

saurabh2688

saurabh2688
  • Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 04:14

Hi,

I have an application (let's say X) whose installer type is Basic MSI.

It deals with Skype for some of it's functionality. For enabling this functionality my application's installer writes some COM related entries about Skype, in Windows Registry while installation.

I have another application (let's say Y) from another vendor, which also deals with Skype for it's features. I do not know if this application Y has some registry entries about Skype in Windows Registry.

The problem I am facing is, when application X, application Y and Skype all are running, and I am trying to uninstall my application X; I get a message pop up of Windows Installer saying "The following applications should to be closed before continuing the installation." and in this pop up the name of the application Y is getting listed.

Any idea why this is happening?

How can I get this problem resolved?

Thanks,

Saurabh

Edited by saurabh2688, 06 October 2016 - 09:42.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 12:26

Apparently the COM data is in use, so you need to shut down the other applications. I don't see the problem?

saurabh2688

saurabh2688
  • Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:16

Is there any way, by which I can know what is causing this message pop-up?

I could not find any thing from installer logs.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 15:27

If there's nothing in the log (and you created the most verbose log possible) then maybe try SysInternals ProcessMonitor