This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Istallation stops when we Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Update 3 Redistrib

3 replies to this topic

Madhu Sameena

Madhu Sameena
  • Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:17

I got the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Update 3 Redistributable Package*.prq from "http://saturn.instal...kage (x64).prq"

I added Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Update 3 Redistributable Package*.prq - both x86 and x64 to my ism

When I have a 2015 C++ Redistributable with 14.0.24210 and, I run my installation

- It shows Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Update 3 Redistributable Package*.prq  as prerequisites and it starts installing it when i say install

- It upgrades the Redistributable  version to 14.0.24210 to 14.0.24212.

But installation suddenly stops

Do you know the reason why this happens?

The condition i am using is 

<condition Type="16" Comparison="2" Path="[System64Folder]" FileName="msvcp140.dll" ReturnValue="14.0.24212"/> - for 64 bit

i can see the correct version of dll in [System64Folder] - Still the installation stops?

Does any have idea when installation stops suddenly - After installing the prerequisites 

Edited by Madhu Sameena, 20 April 2017 - 05:13.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 17:40

When you say your installation stop - what exactly happens? Do you get an error message?

Madhu Sameena

Madhu Sameena
  • Full Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:14

Thank you for the responce.
No error message - It stops suddenly with out any information.

I found that It is do with "If the prerequisite appears to need a reboot" - Options -  In this case it is "Exit and resume on reboot" - I think because of this it stopped the installation with out any message.

If i use "Ignore it, and fail to resume if machine is rebooted" - it is going good.

One question:
I See that returncodetoreboot="1641,3010" (in  prq file)- And when I run 14.0.24212 version of "vc_redist.x64.exe" - I see that Return code is "0" (Using some other programs) - But why it is asking for reboot ?

Is there any other parameters to decide to reboot other than "returncodetoreboot" (in prq)

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 14:04

Is it actually requesting/requiring a reboot? Return code 0 would indicate that it doesn't.

What happens if you manually reboot the computer after the prerequiste instaltion has exited? (Of course you always need to reset your test machine to it's original state).