This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Shortcut won't run in Vista

3 replies to this topic

vaqueros

vaqueros
  • Full Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 19:51

I am writing a setup with InstallShield 11. This setup contains a Start menu shortcut that uses a /reg switch to open a reminder window (INSTALLDIR\any.exe /reg). Its been working fine, for years now, in Win 2k and XP but clicking on the Start menu shortcut in Vista does not launch the reminder window. Only if you right-click on the shortcut and "Run as administrator" will shortcut display the window.

It was suggested that I use IS 12. When installing the same app with a IS 12 build the shortcut works fine. What gives? Do I REALLY need to use IS 12 for Vista installs? What am I missing in my IS 11 build?

Thank you in advance.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:36

I don't know why it's working in IS12 (did you compare the resulting msi files and the created shortcuts)? My guess is that the program requires admin rights?

vaqueros

vaqueros
  • Full Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 14:04

Thank you for the reply. I took my IS 11 project and opened in IS 12 which upgraded it. To my knowledge it is the exact same project. How can I run the setup with admin rights?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 17:49

Well, the resultinf .msi file apparently is different. Use MsiPackageDiff to find out what's different, maybe you can do the same with IS 11.