This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Problem with EnterDisk/Repair

4 replies to this topic

paiviheik

paiviheik
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 March 2002 - 13:08

Hi,

I cannot find a solution to my problem or answer to my questions from InstallShield professional 6 help files.

The problem is that I install my program from CD and then take the CD out. Then I try to repair my program by selecting 'change/remove' from the control panel's add/remove programs applet. Setup starts, but when I select the 'Repair' option and press next, installation starts to perform requested operations (setup status -dialog) and I am prompted to insert the next disk (EnterDisk -dialog) with file  setup.ini. Problem is, that what do I have to do that I could change the text in EnterDisk -dialog? What does the installation program do by default when user selects the repair option?

I am very happy if somebody could help me with this...  ???

Regards, Paivi

Ide Nentjes

Ide Nentjes
  • Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 20 March 2002 - 17:33

Hi Paivi,

to change the text of the 'next disk' box, simple override the default event 'OnNextDisk', to be found under 'Miscellaneous'

Hth, Ide

paiviheik

paiviheik
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 March 2002 - 09:15

Hi,

How can I override it? I tried to use OnNextDisk event but it failed. It still works like the same...

Thanks,

Paivi

Ide Nentjes

Ide Nentjes
  • Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 21 March 2002 - 10:05

How did you override it ? i.e. what did you change in the default implementation ?

Ide

paiviheik

paiviheik
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 March 2002 - 12:11

Hi,

Sorry, problem solved. I am a quite newbie to IS, as you can read... I just changed the name of the message and that's it. Thanks!

Paivi