This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Disk Prompt

4 replies to this topic

kimpipes

kimpipes
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 February 2001 - 23:58

I am trying to prompt the user to enter a disk. I have been looking at the help in ISWI and it says I need to enter some values into the media table.  I can not find the media table.  Can anyone help me out or tell me how to prompt the user to enter a disk?

SteveP

SteveP
  • Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 February 2001 - 01:55

I don't use ISWI, so I don't know how to do this through that interface.  

If you have ORCA, you can open your package and edit the Media Table.  Add the prompt to the DiskPrompt column.  See the Media Table article in the Windows Installer SDK for additional information.

Dave I

Dave I
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 February 2001 - 19:11

There is always the "EnterDisk" InstallScript function.  Which...well..asks the user to enter a disk.

In our install we have this function in a CA and call it if a given option is selected.  We use it to prompt for a keydisk.

There is an example script in the
Help View ->"InstallScript Language Reference"

kuitc

kuitc
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2001 - 16:58

which Version of ISWI are you Using??
On V2.0x The Media Table is the Item below No.6, were
Paths, Destinations, and Pwer Editor resides.
The 2nd Entry is The Media Table: here you will find a DISK PROMPT, which normally has a [1] . You can Edit and type the required text, which call the installation disk when needed. Are we talking about the same thing? Hope this helps.