This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Patch: Small Update with merge module wont work

1 reply to this topic

badzoy07

badzoy07
  • Full Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 10:39

I'm creating a Patch (Small Update) since most of the files are just an update of the old files which comes from the merge module.
I'm using the Upgrade Sync to check my previous MSI. However clicking next displays the Upgrading/Patching Issues which shows the error:
Component 'MSSearchItem.dll.C9C5157C_75BF_4BCA_B98B_A0F803E1386C' exists in the previous version and the keypath does not exist in the current install. The component's contents will be deleted during an upgrade..
. Looking into the help files, they said this:
This means that the component is in the old version, but not in the new version. This might be intentional, so it is not fixed automatically. If it is not intentional, add the component to the new version to prevent it from being deleted during upgrading or patching. Add the component in Setup Editor > Component tab.

My problem is, the component 'MSSearchItem.dll.C9C5157C_75BF_4BCA_B98B_A0F803E1386C' is added from the merge module. So adding the components will only duplicate the file in the installer project.

Please help. I really need this patch to work.
Thank you in advance.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:44

The merge module must also be included in the new version to make sure that no component is removed from your setup.