This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstall Does Not Remove Any Files

1 reply to this topic

NinlarKeldar

NinlarKeldar
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 22:00

When the user selects "Remove" in the Maintenance dialog (checked by looking to see if nType = REMOVEALL), I call FeatureRemoveAll() to deselect all of the features so that they will be removed. I run some vb scripts that remove some Active Directory users and permissions, and then Enable(STATUSEX). None of the files are removed. I checked to make sure my components were not marked as permanent. Anyone know what else could be causing this? The uninstall used to work perfectly. I added a feature recently, and now the files are not being removed.

NinlarKeldar

NinlarKeldar
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 20:46

if I msiexec /x {GUID} the uninstall removes the files; however, if I launch the uninstall through the Add/Remove programs my OnMaintUIBefore script executes, and then it goes straight to my OnMaintUIAfter script. It does not remove any files. I even tried explicitly calling FeatureTransferData(MEDIA); at the end of my OnMaintUIBefore script