This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Two versions, one install

2 replies to this topic

PTinVT

PTinVT
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2001 - 18:22

I have two versions of a VB database application. One in DAO for older computers and one in ADO for newer machines and am using InstallShield Developer. I am new at this and pretty confused about how to procede. I know I have to create two features and set the conditions. Could someone please tell me how to do this and what conditions I should check for?
Thanks very much.

Kurt Schneider

Kurt Schneider
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 December 2001 - 21:56

Pamela,

You are on the right track.  I do this by creating one Feature and within that feature I create two components, one for the old and one fr the new.  For the conditions it really depends on what you mean by old computers and new computers.  If you are talking about Operating Systems, (which I think you are), then for the Components Condition you could for example:

Old Component
Condition  ---->    VersionNT < 500

New Component
Condition   ------->  VersionNT >= 500

Old will install on NT 4.0 and below

New will install on Win2k and up

For more specific OS property values look in the MSI Help Library and search for "Operating System Properties".  There are tons to play around with.

Good Luck

Kurt

PTinVT

PTinVT
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 December 2001 - 02:37

Thanks for your help, Kurt. I appreciate it. I'll give this a try.