This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

IIS Anonymous User

1 reply to this topic

lduong

lduong
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 March 2002 - 20:00

I am trying to use xcacls.exe from the Windows Resource Kit to modify the permissions of a directory.  I was wondering how I can determine who the anonymous account for IIS, ie. IUSR_MACHINENAME.  It could be another user and I would like to know how to find that user so I can give that user the permission to modify installed files using xcacls.exe.

Should I be looking in the registry or somehow using the ADSI scripts to determine the anonymous user or whomever is authenticating for the webserver.

Thanks for any help.  

Lien-Anh

Fouad Rziki

Fouad Rziki
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 April 2002 - 10:29

hi,

i think if you give the IUSR and the IWAM the user the needed permissions, that is will work.

how to determined this users ?? using adsutil.vbs u can get the username of iwamuser or the iusr , u also cane get there password ;)

a xcacls ?? a new version of cacls ? if so i hope it works with constants and not ith usernames like cacls that way it will only be usefull for an english operating system.