This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Network Installations

2 replies to this topic

Andrew sims

Andrew sims
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 April 2001 - 09:57

We have to do many network installations across small networks.  We need the Setup.exe to record the full network path and write it to the registry.  (Currently we would only get a Windows Temp directory)

Does anyone know of a product / plug in which can record the full network path of an installation?

Ericb

Ericb
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 April 2001 - 00:21

I'm not sure of the question.
Your support directory is created in that temp dir.
I have installs in IS6 that can be put into a bat file and installed with command line switches.
What exactly are you trying to do?

Andrew sims

Andrew sims
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 April 2001 - 10:31

We have a team of field engieers installing software across lots of small networks (approx 5-10 PCs each).  we need to log the source directory in the registry.  one option is to install on the server and then a "push" install on clients.  but that only logs the Windows / Temp directory not the Server itself.  We need to log the server because the database is updated daily from the server.  

All servers have different names / different path lengths.  As i understand IS 6.22 cannot identify the source across a network but I was wondering if there is a utility / plug in that can can "detect" the full network path.