This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Try to install new version of program

6 replies to this topic

nesesser

nesesser
  • Full Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 13:04

Hi all.
There is a problem with my installation.
I've done installation of new version of my program. I've uninstalled my old version and tryed to install new one. But there are no files on disk after finishing installation.
Installation said that all was ok - it has successfully finished, but it is wrong indeed. Files are absent, program does not work.
I tryed to clean my system by MsiZap but it's also no effect. And now previous version of program qualitatively removed from computer, but new version still doesn't want to install.

What can be the reason of it?

Edited by nesesser, 03 September 2007 - 13:21.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 14:50

This is really strange. Generate a log file of the install, maybe it can give some hints.

nesesser

nesesser
  • Full Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:23

I've got log. But there are still no answers for me.

Maybe you can say anything?

Attached Files

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 07:27

Looking at the Feature and Component state dump, many of your features are either advertised or not selected for installation. But there are some files that should be installed:
C:\Program Files\NPO Computer\IS-Builder 7.6.0\Office\ExcelDIRECTUM.dll
C:\Program Files\NPO Computer\IS-Builder 7.6.0\Office\WordDIRECTUM.dll
C:\Program Files\NPO Computer\IS-Builder 7.6.0\Office\ProjectDirectum.dll
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NPO Computer\IS-Builder\7.6.0\Localization\ru\DIRRES_OFFICEINTEGRATION.cfg
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NPO Computer\IS-Builder\7.6.0\Localization\en\DIRRES_OFFICEINTEGRATION.cfg
C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\XLSTART\DIRECTUM.xla
The last file already existed but should be overwritten.
Are these files not being installed? What happens when you perform a repair?

nesesser

nesesser
  • Full Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 09:40

Why there are either advertised or not selected for installation? What could happen?

> Are these files not being installed?
These files are being installed well.

> What happens when you perform a repair?
Installation does not support repair mode =(

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 11:08

Why there are either advertised or not selected for installation? What could happen?
I don't know what you are doing in your setup. Double check the feature levels, the Attributes column of the Feature table, control events etc. Also make sure you test on a clean machine (fresh virtual machine image) to avoid any problems caused by remnants of previous (failed) tests.

Installation does not support repair mode =(
That's not good. This indicates that there are problems in the way you created your setup.

nesesser

nesesser
  • Full Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 15:16

Thnks Stefan for your advice.