This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Virtualization Problem on vista

3 replies to this topic

rjprasadch

rjprasadch
  • Full Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 13:12

Hi,

We are using Installshield 12 and we have Installscript Project. I have one requirement for VISTA Machine. Due to virtualization we are getting problems on VISTA Machine.

When we install our setup, .ini file is created in Program files directory. But when we try to write to this file, then it is creating new .ini file in the User's virtual store folder. It is creating problems for our application.

Our requirement is when we install our setup, it should remove the .ini file which is under user's virtual store folder. Using Installshield, Is it possible to delete the .ini file which is under virtual store folder.Installshield is providing any features for this.

Thanks for your help.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 15:51

I'm not familiar with any IS features along these lines, but it certainly should be possible to delete the file. You'll need to research a reliable means of determining its location though.
user posted image

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:03

And to avoid the problem in the dirst place, put the INI file in a folder where users have write permissions, not in the program files folder.

vrnadh

vrnadh
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:42

It is not recommended to use program files folder/ any windows system folders in vista, win 2k8 or above, if you are writing in to files which are installed by user setup.

Please create your applications files and folders under %allusersprofile% and you can access it even you can do writes in to files.
I hope this will resolve your issue.

Regards,
Venkat