This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Set Properties at runtime without command line?

3 replies to this topic

kinetic

kinetic
  • Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 23:18

Is it possible to set properties during runtime on a MSI other than using the command line? I'd like to insert a private key into a property, but not through the command line.

Thanks!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 07:29

You can also read information from the registry, or set a property using a custom action (from a DLL for instance), or of course have the user enter it on a dialog.

kinetic

kinetic
  • Full Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 09:07

QUOTE (Stefan Krueger @ 2006-11-18 07:29)
You can also read information from the registry, or set a property using a custom action (from a DLL for instance), or of course have the user enter it on a dialog.

yeah, i understand, with the custom actions and such.

I'm trying to see if I can seamlessly inject this key without storing it anywhere. I need it to be passed from installer to installer, but not by the command line.

So no way other than command line for some property to be fed in? (rather than a value fetched and stored in the property)?

Thank you =)

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 20:48

I don't understand what you're trying to do. Do you have some sort of inter-process communication in mind? And what's wrong with command line parameters?