This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error 1327 Invalid Drive

3 replies to this topic

garciakiko

garciakiko
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 April 2001 - 20:46

I'm using a Domain policy that changes the "Personal Folder" to point to a network drive (In this case is F:\userdata).  When running some MSI packages (eg. Office 2000 Professional) and the F: drive is not connected, I get the following error: "Error 1327. Invalid Drive: f:\".  The installation fails after this message.

Barbara

Barbara
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 April 2001 - 10:48

Thats because MSI checks when starting up all registry entries containing personal variables (e.g. the directories for personal setting, personal documents )even if the installation doesnt need this values. If the drives are nit mapped, You will get this message and the istallation stops. If you write a log file, You can see the entries and values for all these thigs checked by the installer. I do not know a possibility to get rid of this phenomenon.

Barbara

skjones

skjones
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2001 - 17:48

Hi! I'm receiving the same error, but under different conditions. The only thing I can think of that happened was I imported a dialog box into ISWI that was exported from another project. If I do this, does the installer look for the location from which I imported the dialog box? If so, is there a way to remove this dependency. Thanks!

bob bailey

bob bailey
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2002 - 15:15

Regedit.  Remove the following keys:

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell
Folders\Personal

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell
Folders\Personal

Remove these and then it will install with no error.