This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Added sub-feature now gets Error -142 during

2 replies to this topic

beacon

beacon
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 18:42

I just added sub-features to an existing feature, under IS 11. When I run the install, I get FeatureGetData error: -142 and the install terminates.

To be clear I have done the following:

Existing Install already is on user's PC
Added new sub-feature
Added new component to new sub-feature
Updated GUID on existing feature

Issues:

Getting Error: -142 during FeatureGetData (system function, not mine)

More thoughts:

Originally got no error after adding the new sub-feature but files associated with new feature did not show up, so I updated the GUIDs thinking the install would see the features as new and add the files. After many tries and rebuilding, I now get the above error after I include other existing features.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

br,
Khris

beacon

beacon
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 21:38

UPDATE: I have found that if I add Components to existing Feature that the files within the Components get copied to the user PC...

But...I am wondering why when I add new features\components the associcated files won't copy over???

Does anyone have this problem?

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 17:25

New features and their corresponding components aren't automatically copied since they weren't available with the previous installation and therefore aren't automatically selected with the reinstall. Especially since a new feature only has a File Need of Standard by default.

To address this issue, I would review the chosen features for each of the available setup types to ensure that any new ones are properly selected. You may also need to manually override the default selections via the following IS code:

CODE
nResult = FeatureIsItemSelected(MEDIA, <FeatureName>);
if (nResult = FALSE) then
 nResult = FeatureSelectItem(MEDIA, <FeatureName>, TRUE);
endif;

Finally, you shouldn't need to mess with a feature's GUID and I would recommend leaving it alone unless you truly find it necessary.

Edited by Taco Bell, 19 November 2009 - 17:25.

user posted image