This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Condintion building for custom action

2 replies to this topic

pswarna

pswarna
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2001 - 16:44

I am having difficulty to create a condition that reads the registry for the existance of a key in the registry and  execute custom action that launches an EXE if the registry key is NOT  found.

Here is what I did to create a condition
1. Created an entry in Appsearch table with property name as LAUNCHCONDITIONDATA
2. Created an entry with the key value in Reglocator table. (See Q103290 for complete description on how I created the entries in these tables)
3. in the condition field of the custom action, I wrote
!LAUNCHCONDITIONDATA, so that if the regentry is found LAUNCHCONDITIONDATA returns TRUE and the NOT operator changes it to FALSE so that custom action wont be executed. but the not opertion is not working at all. When I remove the NOT operator everything works fine.
Is there syntax mistake in NOT operation or what else I am doing wrong.

I also tried to create a function to do the same instead of creating entries in the table but when I inserted the custom action that calls this function into the sequence, nothing happens, the installer does not even open any windows, it shows the dialog box saying initializing the installer and dies.
Any help is really appreciated.
Thanks
Prasad

Martin Aigner

Martin Aigner
  • Full Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 14 September 2001 - 18:16

Do not define the property LAUNCHCONDITIONDATA in Property table and set the condition to:

Not LAUNCHCONDITIONALDATA