This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

File in Use error in Windows 98

1 reply to this topic

sairam06

sairam06
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 March 2002 - 07:30

Hi,

I have installed Windows 98 OS in a fresh system. The System contains only Windows 98. No other application. My setup package initially runs a front end Animated interface created using Macromedia, The user can install my setup by selecting the Animated interface which will invoke Windows Installer based Setup.. The Animated interface uses msvcrt.dll.

During Installation I am getting File In Use Dialog with the following Message. "The following Applications are using files that need to be updated by this setup. Close this application and Retry to continue" and it lists my Animated Application.

I am using Windows Installer 2.03. I thought Windows Installer automatically updates WiniInit.ini file instead of displaying File In Use dialog So that after reboot system files will be updated. But it is not happening.

If you have any inputs please let me know.I am updating msvcrt.dll which is from Installshield/Microsoft supplied Mergemodule.

Thanks

S.Ram
sairam06@yahoo.com

:0
Raman

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 13 March 2002 - 21:32

I believe this dialog has a "Reboot" option.