This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Differential Release and including changed files

1 reply to this topic

AcidJazz

AcidJazz
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 21:55

I want to be able for InstallShield to automatically determine which files have changed and only include them in the new release.

Say my last full release is

file1.txt
file2.txt

and I update file1.txt but not file2.txt... Is there a way when creating a differential release that when it builds it will ONLY include file1.txt? I thought that under Object Difference -> Include if changed would be the answer but it still includes all files. My guess this is an option for when its actually copying files to the system rather than including them in the install build.

I want the updates to be small and not include all the other files. I can just delete the files and check for a diff myself, but thats more error prone and takes more time for every release.

And if there is a way, what does the differential packages compare themselves to? The previous full release build?

AcidJazz

AcidJazz
  • Full Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2006 - 22:08

Bah, I've been looking for a couple hours and I finally write a post and figure it out about 2 seconds later. If anyone ever was needing to know this, you have to run the release wizard. About the 6th dialog or so, it will ask you to compare your build to a prior build. If you specify that, then it will know which files to include.

nifty stuff smile.gif