This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Help! FileGrep not finding a string

2 replies to this topic

clareb22

clareb22
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 April 2002 - 09:20

My installation at the moment edits a text file with a path e.g. TARGETDIR+"\\etc" and populates to c:\nexor\etc.

However, due to how our product works we need to either convert the \ to / or have them as \\ in the text file.  Therefore, I'm trying to search for the string \\ which is an escape character for \, in the text file which contains paths with \ and do a WriteLine or FileInsertLine to replace it.  However, the filegrep command doesn't appear to find the instances of it and svReturnLine = "" and nvLineNumber=0.  The output is that it puts a / at the end of the file.  Can any please help as this is quite a severe problem and is starting to become quite annoying.
Many thanks[br]Clare

clareb22

clareb22
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 April 2002 - 10:17

I've managed to get it to find the string, however it doesn't seem to find all instances of the string.  My next main issue is that it can only append to the end of the line as the functions rely on the line number count.  There must be a way of appending to a string based on character counts.  So that in a line e.g. c:\program files\nexor\etc I can append as c:\\program files\\nexor\\etc rather than what it does at the moment c:\program files\nexor\etc\\.  Here is an example of the code that I have so far
    while (nvLineNumber <= 0)                
    if (FindFile (szPath, "ncs.cfg", svResult) = 0) then    
    if (FileGrep (szNCSPath, szSlashSearch, svReturnLine, nvLineNumber, CONTINUE)=0) then
              OpenFileMode(FILE_MODE_APPEND);      
              OpenFile (nvFileHandle, szPath, "ncs.cfg");
              FileInsertLine (szNCSPath, "\\\\", nvLineNumber, APPEND);
 CloseFile (nvFileHandle);    
     endif;
     endif;  
     endwhile;

Many thanks[br]Clare

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 10 April 2002 - 00:22

You could rewrite the custom action to VBScript, using regular expressions to find and replace characters.

I don't have code at the moment, but if you'd like an example, post a reply and I'll see what I can find.

Leigh Ravenhall
Expert Information Services