This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Selectively include files during build process?

2 replies to this topic

thetamind

thetamind
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 23:02

I am setting up a InstallShield 10.5 project with multiple project release configurations. Each configuration has the same binary executable files but different configurations, registry, etc.

I have a file containing sensitive information that needs to be installed in one configuration but have an empty file installed in the other configuration. I need the sensitive file to not be distributed in the setup.exe release that will only install the blank file.

Is there a way to selectively include and exclude files packaged in the setup.exe during the build process?

Thanks for your help.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 18:25

In my understanding, if the file is excluded by your release flags, it shouldn't end up in the install package. Does this not work for you?

thetamind

thetamind
  • Full Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2007 - 20:27

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. After reading some documentation about release flags I now know what they are used for. Indeed files are not included in the package when the associated feature is disabled.

Thanks for your help.