This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Compile problem

1 reply to this topic

Arve

Arve
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 08:44

This is the message I often get when trying to compile an installation, even when compiling a small merge module.

I am running InstallShield DevStudio 9 SP 1 on a computer with Windows XP Pro SP 1 (still a litte sceptical when it comes to SP 2), the processor being a Pentium 4 1.8 GHz and memory 1024 MB RAM.

I began to wonder if the processor was too small, but on the same computer I have a partition with Windows 2000 Pro SP 4, and on that partition everthing seems to run smoothly. So now I am suspecting a lack of compatibility between InstallShield and Windows XP.

Anybody with the same experience??

Arve

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 15:59

If you are building merge modules you probably are using a Windows Installer (MSI) project type, and not InstallScript. Right?

Build error -5010 isn't documented, the knowledge base suggests that you contact InstallShield support (http://mysupport.installshield.com)