This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

System search on 64 bit OS

1 reply to this topic

kenzo22

kenzo22
  • Full Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:44

Hello all, I have defined a system search to find whether an application(RTX) have been installed, the system search will check the following registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Tencent\RTXC, registry value: INSTDIR, and save the search result as an property "RTX". Here is the strange thing, when I install RTX on a 64 bit OS to its default Program Files (x86)folder, this system search can take effect. When I install RTX to Program Files folder, the system search seems doesn't work(I have defined an install condition "RTX"), my installer will tell me I haven't installed RTX...

I have tried the option "Search the 64-bit portion of the registry", still doesn't work...By the way, my installer only includes 32 bit components. What could be the reason of this behavior, please help.

Edited by kenzo22, 27 August 2010 - 09:52.

kenzo22

kenzo22
  • Full Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:42

Resolved, when I choose the system search type, previously I choose "Folder path, as specified by a registry entry", this is type "0" in Reglocator table, when I choose "Registry entry" as the system search type, which is type "2" in Reglocator table, this problem disappear, system search can take effect on 64-bit OS no matter where I install RTX, althouth I haven't choose "Search the 64-bit portion of the registry" option...