This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Stuck trying to cancel setup

1 reply to this topic

mcyrulik

mcyrulik
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 20:20

We have recently upgraded from installshield 5.5 to Installshield Professional 10. They way things work is that we have one main install that basically launches a bunch of different installs based on user selection.

With 5.5, the user could cancel any one of the smaller installs by clicking the close [X] button on the title bar, or right clicking the task bar causing the current install to exit gracefully. The main install would write out to the error log which install failed or was canceled, and continue on down the list. With 10, the Close [X] button is disabled, as is the right-click taskbar option. The only way to cancel is to use the task manager - which causes the main install to close as well.

Ideally I would like to get back use of the close button and the taskbar.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this rather simply??

Thanks in advance for the help.

Mark

mcyrulik

mcyrulik
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 21:19

After reading my own post, I feel I should clarify, what I really want to do is gain back the functionality of the background window. I want to be able to click the close button on the background(once enabled) and have that halt my install. Same as the rigt-click Close on the taskbar.