This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

DAO 3.6 with MDAC 2.8

1 reply to this topic

DavidSalahi

DavidSalahi
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 18:27

I'm trying to include the DAO 3.6 merge module in a project that can be installed on a Windows Server 2003 system but I'm running into a conflict with MDAC. Previously, this InstallShield project included MDAC 2.7, but it appears that MDAC 2.7 will not install on a Win Server 2003 system. I get a message at install-time giving a list of valid Windows versions for MDAC 2.7 and Server 2003 is not among them. And Server 2003 already includes MDAC 2.8 so it would seem unnecessary to run the MDAC 2.7 install anyway.

But the merge modules' built-in dependencies require some version of MDAC to be included in the InstallShield project and this causes the MDAC merge module to try to install at install-time with the result that the installation is not allowed to proceed on Win Server 2003.

I've tried replacing MDAC 2.7 with the merge module for MDAC 2.8 in my InstallShield project but then I get an error when I try to build the project:

The merge module 'DAO 3.60'
requires one of the following merge modules also to be included in the setup:
Microsoft Data Access Components 2.5
Microsoft Data Access Components 2.6 (English)
Microsoft Data Access Components 2.7 (English)

So, it seems to be impossible to include DAO 3.6 for an install that is going to be run on Win Server 2003. Is there a way around this? Is DAO 3.6 not supported by Microsoft with MDAC 2.8?

David Salahi

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:34

You could modify the merge module to remove this dependency check. Whether it will work, that's another question, that Microsoft's documentation should answer.