This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Back Pushbutton on Custom Dialog

2 replies to this topic

AceMcCloud

AceMcCloud
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 November 2002 - 16:42

I noticed in a setup of mine that the 'Back' button does not work on a custom dialog. Looking at other standard dialogs I cannot figure out how the Back buttons work. There seems to be no events attached to them. I was able to force a NewDialog event to the previous form, but when I Next from that form it skips forward 2 dialogs. Is there any documentation on this out there? I could not find an overview of wizard pushbuttons and their events in the help files... Any advice would be great, thanks.

Steve A.   ???

aford

aford
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 November 2002 - 02:04

You're headed in the right direction.  As far as I know, you just have to manually edit the events for each dialog.

Let's say you have two dialogs A and B.  You set the Next button event in Dialog A to open Dialog B.  And you set the Back button event in Dialog B to open Dialog A.

In InstallShield Dev 8, you can see what dialogs are tied together by looking Sequences view under Behavior and Logic.  Expand Installation, User Interface, and InstallWelcome (assuming InstallWelcome is the first dialog).

If anyone knows of an easier method, I'd love to hear it.

AceMcCloud

AceMcCloud
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 15:26

Thanks for your reply. I took a closer look at my dialogs and controls, and found a few discrepencies. After a cleanup of the events and some dialogs, all back and next buttons now work properly.   :D