This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

JET 4 SP8 & MDAC 2.8

1 reply to this topic

vbuser

vbuser
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 06:26

InstallShield has a Merge Module that does a full install of JET 4 & SP7 (they confirmed, even though their papers indicate something different). This merge module actually installs JET 4 SP3 and based on the OS installs the correct Service Pack 7 (all 4 are included in the module) I can also install MDAC 2.8 Merge module -

But WE SHOULD REALLY include the "not so new" JET SP8, microsoft released long ago, but IS says no plans yet to release this...

I was looking at the Merge module JET 4 project to see If I could simly remplace the SP7 service packs with the SP8 service packs (one more now, Windows Server 2003, there are a total of 5 different service packs). How can I do this? I am not too experienced, but it seems IS included the actual project they've used to create the jet40sp7.msm module... Any help out there???

pkershaw

pkershaw
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 19:13

You can add your new MSM to c:\\Program Files\\Common Files\\Merge Modules

After you restart your InstallShield project, the module will appear in the upper pane of the Redistributables(Objects) view. You can drag it down to a feature and configure it as required.

You will probably want to remove the older version of the merge module from your build.

Hope this helps.